It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men – FREDERICK DOUGLASS
How can children benefit from therapy?
It is difficult to think of children as being in need of therapeutic work. We all like to think that children are carefree and full of joyful moods. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Children are susceptible to the same mental health issues as adults, and it is important that as adults, we are able to identify when this happens. However, therapy can help children with a number of issues, such as depression, anxiety and behavioural problems.
Signs that your child might need therapy:
- Excessive anger
- Mood swings
- Persistent worry, anxiety or fearfulness
- Loss of interest in activities that were once considered fun by your child
- Obsessive dieting
- Inability to concentrate
- Behavioural issues
If a child shows any of these symptoms, he/she likely needs therapeutic sessions. It is important to identify the need of therapy in children earlier on, so that the problem is dealt with before it gets worse. Kindly note that if your child is experiencing physical symptoms, it is important to consult your GP first.
• Self referral to counselling, just book an appointment online or over the telephone
• Online Counselling also available
• Free initial telephone consultation
• Flexible appointments at a time that’s convenient for you
• Safe, welcoming environment
• Tailored therapeutic plan
GET IN TOUCH
It would be really great to hear from you. Feel free to contact me via Facebook, phone, email, chat or by filling in the form below.